Last week, our girl Kat was stricken with a large bleeding aneurysm on the left side of her brain. Doctors determined this occurred because she was born with a rare condition called AVM, which no one was ever aware of, and when she coughed, it caused it to rupture and bleed. She was rushed to another hospital to undergo emergency brain surgery. They completed one portion of the surgery on Wednesday night, by way of an angiogram, and on Thursday morning she had a ten hour long open brain surgery. She spent a few days in the ICU, a few days in the neuro-stepdown unit, and she is now staying at the in-patient stroke rehab facility where she will be working diligently with physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists six days a week. She is a miracle. People typically don’t survive what she has gone through, and her strength, beautiful spirit, and will to succeed has already expedited her recovery time.
Please help Kat in this difficult time. Click image below to go to her GoFundMe page.
- SOURMASH was selected as the 2017 Pittsburgh City Paper's Face The Music PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD winner
- SOURMASH was nominated in 7 categories for 2017 Pittsburgh Music Awards
- Country Girl by SOURMASH won the 2017 Pittsburgh Music Award for Best Song
- Dave Stanoszek won the 2017 Pittsburgh Music Award for Best Bassist
- Tim Henry won the 2017 Pittsburgh Music Award for Best Vocalist
- SOURMASH was selected as a Touch Tunes Breakout Band in 2015
- SOURMASH was selected as the Pick of the Week by Clayton USA in 2012